Memorial Day weekend trip (oh, you know, 5 months ago) to the lovely Bend, OR. We drank a lot of beer and hiked some big rocks.
- - Beers at Bend Brewing Company (tasty dopplebock, and we watched it snow from some great window seats overlooking Mirror Pond)
- - Dinner at Blacksmith
- - Death Cab show at the Amphitheater, complete with food trucks for dinner - oh, silly Oregon, being all Oregonish.
- - Walking EVERYWHERE. I dream of one day living in a city where every single thing you need is within an easy bike ride’s distance.
- - Smith Rock. So baller, I need to learn to rock climb.
- - Driving through the forest, then coming out on the east side of the mountains to terrain that looks just like New Mexico or the Hill Country. Oregon is absolutely beautiful, and Mount Hood is a monster.
- - Seeing national park signs everywhere. The script they use is my all-time favorite font. So cute and vintage.
Brian and I are in agreement that one of our favorite parts of living in Seattle is the incredible variety of weekend trips to take. Next up: Idaho! The Olympic Peninsula! Vancouver Part 2! Walla Walla! Montana if we’re feeling crazy!